Thursday, June 6, 2013

UPDATE 47. Meet All Time Low/See ATL in concert // 78. See Mayday Parade // 88. Meet Pierce the Veil/See PTV in concert


Backdrop
Jaime, Tony, Mike, Vic, and everyone else.
(Me behind Vic)
I totally forgot to post about this but May 9, 2013 was possibly the best day of my life. It was the day of the Spring Fever tour, which I had been looking forward to for months
Kellin Quinn and Vic Fuentes
, since January to be exact. Well, the day finally came. It was a Thursday, a school day too. The day before, I was seriously super stoked, but nervous at the same time because I didn't know what to expect. Anyways, I went with my friends Celeste and Carolina. When we got there, the line was surprisingly not very long. Since I had Pierce the Veil VIP, I was able to get in the VIP line, which was suuuper short. I felt kind of weird being in that line alone because Caro and Celeste had general admission, but whatever. The time finally came when they let us in. They scanned our tickets and that's when I realized that this was happening. I was finally going to meet one of my favorite bands. Well, from there we formed another line outside of the room where the Pierce the Veil meet and greet would be. They were letting people in in groups of 6. The six people in front of me were let in, and I was cut off, which left me at the front of the line. That meant I had to walk in first, which made me really really nervous. It was finally out turn to go inside. I took a deep breath and walked in, where Vic, Mike, Tony, and Jaime were sitting. Right when I walked in, Vic greeted me. "Hey! How are you today?" I was trying so hard not to freak out in front of them. "I'mgoodhowareyou?" was all that I could say. I felt that my words were slurred because of how excited I was. He asked me what my name was and I told him, and he told me, "That's cool, I've never met a Gladys before." I WAS HIS FIRST GLADYS. HOW COOL IS THAT. Anyways, he signed my free poster and I moved on to Mike. He smiled and asked me how I was, just like Vic. They were soooo nice. He signed my poster. I wanted to ask Mike to show me his Deathly Hallows tattoo, but in the end I chickened out. I moved on to Tony. Tony is a really shy guy, so I said hi to him first. He just smiled his shy smile, waved, and said hi back. After he signed my poster, I moved on to Jaime. He flashed his huge smile and asked me how I was doing. He talked the most out of the whole band, and I was just really happy. After all 6 of us had met them, we all took a picture together. I stood behind Vic. Then, we went to the front of the stage to wait for the concert to start. I was all the way in the front, literally in front of the microphone. The venue quickly began to fill up, and when the time finally came, the first band came out. The crowd went crazy for You Me At Six. It was amazing. They started to play and everyone sang along, including myself. The area that I was in was CHAOTIC. I mean, I knew it would get crazy but people were falling EVERYWHERE. I was a bit shocked to be honest. In an attempt to not get knocked over or trampled, I decided to allow people to push me towards the back. I ended up in the middle of the crowd, which was okay because I was safe now, haha. After that, Mayday Parade began to play. This band was more chill so the crowd wasn't as hectic. They were sooo good live, I knew all of their songs and it was just amazing. Next was All Time Low. I knew that the crowd would go crazy for the, I mean, who wouldn't? They were really funny, being the jokesters that they were. They talked to the crowd a lot, which was pretty cool. The guitar player, Jack Barakat, had a bunch of bras that girls had thrown at him hanging on his microphone stand. I had seen pictures of this online but I wasn't sure if it was going to happen hahaha but it did. At this point, I was still in the middle of the crowd. The next band was, you guessed it, Pierce the Veil. I knew that most people were there for PTV. They were the "biggest" band there. Since PTV was the most, erm, "hardcore" band there that night, I knew that the crowd for them would be the wildest. I decided to not risk my life or the life of my glasses and moved to the back, where I would be safe. Then they started playing. I was sososososo HAPPY. LIKE SUPER HAPPY. I realized that I had to make the best of my experience, so I pushed my way to the front and decided to risk my life. IT WAS SO. WORTH. IT. I knew all of their songs by heart and I was just. I can't even put it into words. For one of their songs, Vic decided to sing the acoustic version. It was really amazing because you could actually hear everyone singing along with him. He told us that we had the "sexiest voices he had ever heard," which was pretty cool. After one of their songs, they all left the stage. Everyone thought that it was over. That that had been their last song. BUT, IT COULDN'T BE OVER. They didn't play their most popular song, King For A Day!!!! The crowd started chanting "One more song! One more song!" And as if on cue, PTV once again took the stage, and the beginning of King For A Day began to play. The crowd went WILD. Vic told us "Wow, you guys are loud!" Then, the most unexpected thing happened. Kellin Quinn from Sleeping With Sirens showed up. He. Showed. Up. To. Sing. His. Part. In. King. For. A. Day. WOW. I could not contain myself. I started screaming like a little girl. IT WAS LIKE MY DREAM COME TRUE. heriufhkenvirjngkdncvrignre. This was their last song. When they finished, they left the stage and the venue slowly started to empty out. I didn't want to leave, but it was over. I found Caroline and Celeste and we went home. I was all beat up and sweaty and nasty when I got home, but it was the best night of my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Sure, I got kicked in the face a few times, pushed, shoved, knocked down, had my glasses fall off like 10 times, and almost lost my shoes...but it was all worth it.
Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low



Jack Barakat of All Time Low and his bras.


No comments:

Post a Comment