Wednesday, October 3, 2012

20. Meet Odd Future.


The view from the top of the ferris wheel 

Sunday, September 30, 2012 was probably one of the best days of my life. I had been waiting weeks for this day to come, and it couldn't possible come any slower. The day before, my friend Jerry and I were freaking out and were super nervous but excited at the same time. I mean, who wouldn't be if they were going to meet some of their favorite artists? That day was the day of the Odd Future Carnival in LA. There would be rides, games, and prizes like any other carnival, as well as performances. After the carnival, Odd Future would hold a concert in Club Nokia.



Ferris wheel!
Well, after getting our tickets from Will Call, we headed to the carnival entrance line. We had special passes that allowed us to enter the carnival an hour before the general public, 3 pm. We were finally let in after being searched by security. When we walked in, I felt ecstatic. I couldn't believe I was actually there! We were walking around and we saw a crowd formed around someone by a truck. As we got closer, we saw who that person was. It was Tyler the Creator! We couldn't believe our eyes! I know it would be the best day after I saw him.
Me and Earl Sweatshirt


Me and Jasper Dolphin
Me and Tyler the Creator


























As the day went by, more and more people showed up. I thought it was cool that the members of Odd Future were just roaming around like any other person and having the time of their lives getting on rides and such. I really wanted to take pictures with them, but I was sooooo shy and scared. Also, there were loads of people trying to get pictures with them, so I didn't think i'd have the chance. I finally gathered my courage and went up to Earl Sweatshirt first. "Can I take a picture with you?" were the words that came out of my mouth. I don't know why, but I was shaking. He said, "Sure." So I took a picture with him in like 5 seconds. I realized it wasn't really that bad asking for a picture, it's not like they knew me or anything. After that, I got pictures with Tyler the Creator, and Jasper Dolphin. I also took a picture with Blake from Workaholics because he just happened to be there.

Me and Blake from Workaholics



Top- Hodgy Beats
Bottom- Tyler the Creator
Right- Lil Wayne
After the carnival, we went to Club Nokia and waited in line to enter the show where we once again had to go through security. Our special passes allowed us to stand in the pit which is right in front of the stage. I got a really good view of the stage, in fact I was so close that when a member named Taco stage dove, I got to touch him. The crowd was so amazing. With every song they performed, every one went wild and sang along to every song. There was a lot of pushing and shoving but it only made it more fun. The crowd was so hyped up, and they got even more hyped up when Lil Wayne decided to come on stage. That's right, Lil Wayne showed up at the OF concert! Wow. I would have never expected that and I thought it was pretty cool even though I don't like Lil Wayne.That day was extremely tiring, but it was definitely one of the best days of my life.











No comments:

Post a Comment