Thursday, October 25, 2012

20. Meet Odd Future. (Update)

OF store
After the Aids walk on Sunday, October 14, Sarai and I decided to go to the Odd Future store on Fairfax. Sarai usually stalks some of the guys in Odd Future on Instagram, and she told me that one of the members called Hodgy Beats had posted a picture on instagram and there were a few people walking. Sarai began to tell me how she thought Hodgy was at the store because maybe the people walking were walking from the Aids walk! It was possible because we actually walked on Fairfax and passed the OF store during the actual walk. If you go to the OF store and you're lucky, you'll see a a member of Odd Future. I wasn't really getting my hopes up though. I just wanted to buy my shirt and go.
Hodgy Beats :'D

Anyways, we got to the store, AND GUESS WHO WAS THERE. HODGY FREAKIN' BEATS!!!! I was trying so hard not to freak out. I hadn't met him at the OF carnival so I was super stoked. Sarai didn't notice him at first, but when she did, she started freaking out. I told her to relax, just like a had surprisingly been able to do. After browsing their super cool merch, one of Odd Future's friends, Sagan, which runs the store, spoke to us. HE. SPOKE. TO. US. OH MY GOSH. Sagan Lockhart spoke to us. (': He just told us that if we needed any help, to ask him. :D ahh. Sarai was too scared to ask for a shirt in her size, so I asked for her, and well as for mine. We then walked over the the counter where you paid, where  was sitting on. I was standing right next to him :O!!! Then, the unexpected happened. He talked to us. Like, not a "Tell me if you need any help," type of conversation. No. A real conversation. With Hodgy Beats. Oh my gosh. I had never been so nervous in my entire life.

Signed Numbers album.
When we were about to pay, something caught my eye. There on the display counter was a copy of Mellowhype's new album, Numbers. Mellowhype is a group which consists on Hodgy Beats and other OF member, Left Brain. Initially, I wasn't going to buy the album. But, I figured since he was there, I would get him to sign my copy. I bought it and asked him to sign it. His reaction was priceless. He was like, "Damn, I didn't even notice you just bought my album! Damn that's f****** crazy! You crazy girl!" I was just really really happy at that point. He signed my album, thanked us, and told us to go back to the store whenever. Sarai and I were so happy.

2 comments:

  1. Am I missing something? What's OF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF stands for Odd Future which is a music group.

      Delete