Sunday, September 23, 2012

2. Watch The Perks Of Being A Wallflower on the release day, Friday, September 21, 2012.


 So I read a book called The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and I absolutely loved it. It became my favorite book because it made me laugh and it made me cry and it just made me feel happy altogether. Anyways, when I found out there would be a movie, I started to freak out and promised myself I would go watch it no matter what. A few other friends also read the book and agreed to go watch it as well. I was so excited about the movie that I even told some friends to read the book so we could go watch it when it came out.










The movie was released in Los Angeles on September 21, 2012 in select theaters only. The movie would be released everywhere October 5th. I COULD NOT WAIT THAT LONG. I told some of my friends about it and they couldn't wait either. There was only one problem. This was the day of the school's Latin Fiesta. I really wanted to go, but I wanted to go watch The Perks even more, so I ended up going all the way to LA to watch it with Gaby and John. 






It was amazing! It was of course not as good as the book, but it was pretty close. I literally cried my eyes out when I watched it. When we walked into the movie, I told Gaby, "Dude, i'm gonna cry," and some girl behind us said, "I'm gonna cry too!" Haha, I don't know why I couldn't stop crying towards the end of the movie. I think it just got to me. 

When we were leaving the theater, we saw a costume behind some glass. As we approached it, we saw a sign that said that it was the actual costume that Emma Watson wore in the movie. How cool is that! 






That was honestly one of the best nights I've had in a while. I spent it with friends doing something fun. Definitely doing this again sometime. (:


"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."
 -Charlie, The Perks of Being A Wallflower

No comments:

Post a Comment